I'm embarrassed that I haven't written much at all in the last year- writing used to be my " go to" therapy, but as I write so much for school, I've slacked off immensely. So here's an update of my life with Arlo and a break from the recent norm of journal writing and trying to use APA format correctly:
-I never knew I could love someone so very much. Arlo is so funny, so creative, so happy. I see a great deal of my eccentricities in him and a lot of Geoff's determination and strength. This kid is my entire world.
- We're still heavily into Thomas the Train. I guess it's better than being into Calliou, cause man, I can't stand Calliou. Thomas and friends may be irritating at times, but at least the narrators of the Thomas series are folks like Ringo Starr, Alec Baldwin and George Carlin. That's a win in my book.
- Arlo just finished his first year of "school" with Creative Tots here in Cincinnati. He had a great year and I am pleased with how much his confidence has grown just within the last few months.
- Potty training: Meh. Work in progress.
- Arlo's new favorite song is " Runaway Jim" by Phish.
- We'll be doing the Disney vacation this summer. Not sure if we're ready or not, but I felt like since I've been so busy with school and Geoff with work that a nice Arlo-centered vacation was in order before fall semester starts and bulldozes family time. We'll be visiting with Geoff's brother and his fiance who live in the Orlando area, and Arlo is very excited about this as are Geoff and I.
- Geoff's parents, otherwise known as " Grammaw and Paw-Paw" continue to be a positive, amazing force in Arlo's life. They provide constant, consistent support and love for Arlo and I am so thankful that they are so active in his day-to-day life. I honestly don't know what we would do without them. Words consistently fail me when talking about how important they are to Arlo as well as Geoff and I.
- We've decided ( for now) to stay in our current home and update it instead of moving. School district is great and the locale is superb. If it ain't broke...
- We're all still missing mom and dad. It's hard not to, especially as Arlo gets older and starts asking questions like " Where are Gram and Duke?" and " why can't I go see Gram and Duke?" But I know they are somewhere watching over us, no doubt laughing at my parenting fails and Arlo's hilarious nature. We sold their house to a family with twins- and while I constantly debate my decision to sell, I know it was the right thing to do. Another family needed to inhabit that house and provide it with love and memories, just as my family did.
That's all for now- I hope to write more before the summer ends and fall begins.