Monday, September 13, 2010

Pediatrician= Rock Star( Hooray for awesome doctors everywhere)

Arlo turned 9 months last week, and as with every three month incriment until they are a year, he had his 9 month check up today. I have to say that Arlo's pediatrician deserves a nod in the form of a blog because he, for lack of a better term, rocks.

If you know me at ALL, even a little bit, you know that I can be somewhat anxious. You could even say neurotic if you wanted to, although I might get defensive but deep down agree with you anyway. This is fine, it is part of who I am, and no doubt this nervousness has been amplified since having a child.

At any rate, our doctor, Dr. Drasnin( he deserves real name credit here) is wonderful. He talks to us .He looks at Geoff and I when he's in the room, while at the same time glancing over at Arlo and making funny faces.  He listens to us. He doesn't just come in, check Arlo's lungs, private parts and speed out of the room... he endures my list of questions and gives us honest answers. He referenced what he did/does with is OWN children. This, my friends, is a big deal to me. Because some docs won't do to themselves or their own family what they encourage YOU to do.  If my doctor does it with his own kids, I feel comfortable doing the same with Arlo ( within medical guidelines, mind you:).

Dr. Drasnin also has a sense of humor and knows how to gauge each parental unit... and I think he realizes the type of folks Geoff and I are.

So this blog goes out to Dr. Drasnin... you are fabulous!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.:)

2 comments:

sunni said...

we LOVED the girls' pediatrician too, but then he retired a few months ago and we can't find anyone we like to replace him. :( it was such a sad, sad day in our household. i'm glad you found someone you love and trust. i assume that his advice on getting arlo to sleep is working?

i love you!!!!

Kelley @ The Best Crowe's Nest said...

So glad you found a great pediatrician! We love ours too! Found your Blog on babycenter - Just saying Hi!
www.foreverslikeadream.com