Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Little Clarity.

Over the past few days I have encountered some wonderful moments with Arlo. And not just me watching him and laughing, or him watching me and crying... but doing things both of us enjoy. In my mind I'm screaming " FINALLY! FINALLY!" A connection is brewing... one that isn't just raised arms to be held, or a cry when I leave the room... we're actually sharing fun times together, and it is, for lack of a better term, glorious.

Our first moment was during a music class at a bookstore here in Cincinnati called the Blue Manatee. Fearing another gymboree incident, I was pretty anxious. I soon found out I had nothing to worry about. He loved it. He laughed, he cried, he hurled( okay, spit up excitedly) and enjoyed just lounging around in the store while I read books to him. Geoff and I went out of town for a night soon thereafter, and being away from him is always bittersweet to me. I miss him like crazy, but at the same time enjoy the time away... but it never fails that the morning we are scheduled to come back I'm in a complete frantic/panic mode to get back as soon as possible.

Our second moment was today. Arlo had been crying all morning and refusing to nap(what's new?) so I decided to put our gold passes to King's Island to use. I packed us up, headed out, and we spent the afternoon exploring his first pool experience. He loved it. He laughed, splashed... I couldn't have been happier or prouder of my little man. Next up-- the other side of the park. I want one of those jokers to guess his weight.

Even though we still have our frustrations... life is good.

No comments: